The Deluxe Distortion is one of the most versatile distortion pedals out there. It has builtin equalization controls – low, high, and mid with adjustable frequency. A subtle EQ change can make a big difference in your tone. This pedal also has two distinct circuits – an LED distortion and a diode distortion – allowing you to get many of the classic sounds of other pedals on the market. We've also added a third mode, which is a combination of both circuits, allowing for a new type of sound, combining it with the more traditional distortion. Whether you're playing blistering leads or thick chords, this pedal boasts superior tone and clarity. We're sure you'll find your sound with the Deluxe Distortion!
- LEVEL: Turn this knob to adjust the pedal'soutput volume.
- LOW: Turn this knob to adjust the amount of "boost" or "cut" to the low frequencies of your sound.
- MID FREQ: Turn this knob to set the mid frequency band that will be "boosted" or "cut" bythe MID knob.
- MID: Turn this knob to adjust the amount of "boost" or "cut" to the mid frequency of your sound. The frequency band can be set by the MID FREQ knob.
- HIGH: Turn this knob to adjust the amount of "boost" or "cut" to the high frequencies of your sound.
- DISTORTION: Turn this knob to adjust the amount of distortion in your sound.
- DIR REC: Setting this switch to "on" will enhance the signal with an amp simulator, creating a sound you might get from an amp, which is useful if you are recording direct – or simply as another tone control.
- EQ MODE: Use this switch to select one of three different peak curves for the MID FREQ knob. Try boosting the mids and sweeping the MID FREQ knob to hear the effect.
- HIGH CUT: Setting this switch to "on" will cut the high frequency of your sound (~3 kHz) by 15 dB.
- DRIVE3 SWITCH: Use this switch to select the type of drive circuit. The three settings vary a bit in gain structure and tone, which you'll notice most in the "attack" of your sound.
- BYPASS SWITCH: Step on this switch to turn the effect on or off. This pedal features a true bypass switch, meaning your signal won't be colored by the pedal's circuitry when the effect is off.