The American Vintage Series
The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars and basses. Take a trip through Fender history and heritage with these incredibly authentic guitars. The American Vintage series has a range of different years, spanning the mid-50s to mid-60s, all boasting key features and pivotal design elements from their years. The American Vintage series instruments provides expert preservation of an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy, showing how Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.
The new American Vintage Series takes a cleared slate approach with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet - a complete and comprehensive re-imagination of the entire vintage-reissue concept that'll just astound you with its detail. Restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colours and more. Their work based on actual vintage guitars and basses they tracked down.
American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass, 3-Color Sunburst
The American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass incorporates the significant changes that were brought to the Jazz Bass in 1974. Only the year before had the bridge pickup been moved about half an inch closer to the bridge. Furthermore, 1974 saw the last of the four-bolt necks for quite a while. The bass guitar's slim "C"-shaped maple neck was re-sculpted with a meatier U-shaped profile (and acquired a walnut "skunk" stripe). White fingerboard binding and pearl block inlays made their first appearance, the longstanding tortoiseshell predecessors were replaced by black pickguards. The American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass also has white binding, pearl block inlays and 20 vintage-style frets. This Jazz Bass comes in a 3-Colour Sunburst colour.
This bass's other authentic features include its urethane-finished alder body three-ply black/white/black pickguard (three-ply white/black/white on Black model), new American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass single-coil pickups, upper-mounted thumb rest, '70s-style "Fender"-stamped open-gear tuners, vintage-style bridge with single-groove steel "barrel" saddles, four-bolt "F"-stamped neck plate, chrome pickup and "F"-stamped bridge covers with vintage-accurate positioning, and more.
Serial number: V1532055
- Equipped with two American Vintage '74 Single-Coil Jazz Bass pickups for an authentic tone
- Alder body with a 3-colour sunburst finish
- Thicker neck with "U"-shaped profile for added comfort
- Maple and round-laminated rosewood fingerboards with white binding and pearl block inlays
- Specially voiced pickups with period-correct bridge pickup positioning
- Upper-mounted thumb rest for improved comfort
- Vintage-style "Fender"-stamped tuners and neck plate
- Chrome pickup and “F”-stamped bridge covers with period-correct positioning
- Includes Vintage Black hardcase with orange interior
- Real bone nut enhances resonance and sustain
Body & Bridge:
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Body Material: Alder
- Bridge: American Vintage Single-Groove Steel 'Barrel' Saddles
- Finish: Three Color Sunburst
Neck & Fingerboard:
- Neck Shape: 'U'-Shape
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fret size: Vintage-Style
- Radius: 7.25"
- Scale Length: 34"
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.475"
- Inlays: White Pearloid
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
Electronics & Hardware:
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage Single-Coil '74 Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: American Vintage Single-Coil '74 Jazz Bass
- Controls:Volume 1 (Neck Pickup), Volume 2 (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: American Vintage '70s Fender Stamped Open-Gear
- Strings: Fender USA 7250M, NPS, (.045, .065, .085, .105 Guages)
- Pickup and Bridge Covers: Mounted Chrome with Vintage Accurate Positioning