If you're on the hunt for a wallet-friendly new bass, with individual style, 60s-inspired aesthetics and appointments, and incredible tone then this Squier FSR Classic Vibe 60s Competition Mustang Bass in Lake Placid Bluecould be just the thing for you!
Comfortable To Play, With Vintage Fender Style
Introduced by Fender in 1966, the original Mustang Bass was a reasonably-priced, short-scale instrument designed with "Students" in mind.
Despite their smaller scale length being suited to smaller hands though, the Mustang Bass soon found favour amongst regular bass players who found them a delight to play, without ever compromising on tone.
Squier FSR Classic Vibe 60s Competition Mustang Bass, Lake Placid Blue Key Features
- Limited run vintage style bass for a fantastic price
- 100% Fender designed
- Lightweight Poplar body
- Lake Placid Blue finish with Olympic White "Competition Stripes"
- Fender-designed Alnico pickup
- 30" short-scale neck - ideal for players with smaller hands
- Excellent value for money
Ready To Rock Right Out of The Box
With it's shorter neck length, and smaller off-set body, the Mustang Bass offers incredible levels of comfort whatever your size or playstyle.
A shorter neck scale on a bass results in less string tension, allowing you to play on for hours with the minimal amount of hand fatigue - perfect for honing your technique.
In addition to this, the off-set Poplar body is lightweight and comfortable enough to play whether seated or standing.
Not only that, but it's been finished in Lake Placid Blue with a set of Olympic White Competition Stripes for an extra touch of Fender class.
Classic Fender Bass Tone
Like the P-Bass before it, the original Mustang bass came equipped with a specially-voiced Split Coil pickup, designed to make the most out of its shorter-scale design.
For this Classic Vibe 60s Mustang Bass, Squier have equipped a punchy, Fender-designed Split Coil pickup.
If it's that classic, Fender Split Coil tone and thunder you're looking for, then this awesome pickup can take you there.
- Body Shape: Mustang
- Body Material: Poplar
- Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Material: Maple
- Profile: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 30"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241mm)
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Joint: 4-Bolt Squier
- Finish: Tinted Gloss Urethane
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Mustang Bass Strings-Through-Body
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Truss Rod: Head Adjust
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Neck Pickup: Fender Designed Alnico Split Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Output Jack: 1/4" Jack
- Strings Gauge: Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)