The Superego synth engine
The Superego Plus expands upon the original's incredible synth engine, improving its capabilities to deliver an enhanced performance. The pedal's synth section offers incredible tonal possibilities, from freezing notes, and delivering glissandos, to layering sounds to create incredible depth, and more. The EHX pedal also features the original gliss control for adjusting the speed of the glissando effect, and the layer control for setting the mix level between frozen signals. The plus version is also equipped with an attack knob for control over the fade-in speed of the frozen signal, and a decay knob to adjust the its fade-out speed.
Five mode selection
A powerful feature for the Superego Plus is the five modes on offer, ranging from moment, auto, and latch, to sustain, and live effects. When in auto mode, the pedal captures and freezes note/chords while you play, while moment mode freezes the signal the moment you press and hold the bypass switch. Latch mode freezes your chosen note and then continues to produce the frozen effect, allowing players to layer new sound over the top to create incredible soundscapes. Setting the pedal in sustain mode offers a similar effect to a piano sustain pedal, while live effects mode disables the synth engine and routes the dry signal though the built-in effects.
11 powerful built-in effects
Along with its incredible synth engine, the Superego Plus features 11 different built-in effects to choose from, with depth and rate controls adjusting alternative parameters for delay, echo, detune, pitch, and filter modes. Use these effects to add subtle and shimmer pitch detunes to your sound, or deliver pristine repeats or warm, analogue sounding delays. Experiment with the modulation effects, or imbued your tone with a sine or square wave tremolo. All these effects can be used with or without the synth engine.
- Create weird and wonderful tones
- Three unique operation modes guarantee versatile performance possibilities
- Slide between notes using the controllable glissando
- Utilise infinite sustain for awe-inspiring solos
- Overdub layers using latch-mode
- Controls: Dry, Effects, Attack, Decay, Threshold, Layer, Gliss, Rate, Depth, Effect Select
- Footswitches: Mode, Effect, Bypass
- Modes: Moment, Auto, Latch
- Effects: Detune, Echo, Delay, Flange, Phase, Mod, Rotary, Trem 1, Trem 2, Pitch, Filter
- Inputs: 4 x 1/4'’ Jack (Instrument, Return, Expression Pedal, External Controller)
- Input Impedance: 2.2M Ohms
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4'’ Jack (Instrument, Send)
- Output Impedance: 500 Ohms
- Bypass: Buffered